Setup Google Home Mini to Roku TV
Thanks to google’s fluid nature, almost every piece of equipment has got the google assistant enabled on it. google assistant is undoubtedly one of the most efficient personal assistant available in the market. Particularly, the google home series has got the best integration of the google assistant. Among the google home variants, the google home mini is very popular among the mass because of the compactness it packs without slacking the performance. Google home mini can be connected to different devices like TV, smart hub, smart home, your smartphone and a lot more. The common platform that it shares makes it easier for the user to fetch the data. Read this blog to find out how to setup google home mini to Roku TV.
Google Home Mini
Google home mini can do the following things without breaking a sweat.
- You can play music, podcasts, and whatnot
- Ask it a few questions about weather, food recipes, general trivia, etc.
- Book a table, cancel an appointment, add a box of chocolates to the shopping list, etc.
- You can also ask the device to control your fans, lights, air conditioner, etc. provided they are under the smart home gadgets.
These are just a glimpse of what the device alone can do. When combined with the Roku TV, it can
- Look for stuff on the internet.
- Search for contents on the Roku platform
- Use filters to optimize your search results
- Can fast forward, skip, pause or play the contents
- If connected with an HD antenna TV, you can use the device to change the channel from the available list.
- You can mute the device or vice versa.
The best part is, many things are still under development, so there is a future for the google home mini device.
How to Setup Google Home Mini to Roku TV?
Make sure your google home mini is connected to the same network as your other devices. The google home mini uses the google account to synchronize the information.
- From your smartphone, be it iOS or Android, open the Google home application.
- If you look at the top corner, you can see a plus icon. If you tap the icon, you can add the devices from the list.
- After you click on the plus icon, select the setup device option.
- Now use the search icon to search for the available devices within the range.
- Choose your Roku device from the list and sign in when the device asks you to.
- You can link more than one Roku device to your google home mini, so if you have separate Roku devices for your hall and bedroom, you can add both of them separately.
- You can also use the voice commands on the Roku devices separately,
- Proceed to set your preferences, and click on continue.
- Your Roku devices are now added to the google home mini’s list.
What is Fast TV Start?
Fast TV start is nothing but a feature that enables your Roku device to stay connected to the speakers for your TV even when you have let the TV on standby method.
When you enable this feature on your Roku TV, you can stream music on your TV without bothering to go through the boot-up screen and all those stuff. You can simply use the google home mini to wake up your TV or to play music on your TV.
How to Enable this Feature on your Roku TV?
- Go to the settings page by searching it on the home screen.
- Click on the System tab and then proceed to select the power button.
- Check out the box to enable the fast TV to start on your device.